The absence of women in history is man made.
MEN ARE PETTY FUCKING LOSERS.
"The absence of women in history is man made."….TRUTH!
It gets better when we allow our children to make their own decisions of what toys they want to play with.
lol fuck the usa and its shitty government
The NYPD tried to start a hashtag outpouring of positive memories with their police force.
If this were ever a bad idea, it was probably the worst idea for arguably the most corrupt police force in America.
sometimes people are like sunshine and sometimes people are like rainclouds but thats ok because both are important to make the flowers grow
i love you
Prepare yourselves for a lil Star Trek spam, guys, basically there’s some real shit going down in the Star Trek fandom in the form of Bob Orci.
Bob Orci is a screenwriter commonly associated with Alex Kurtzman and JJ Abrams, and is notorious for being a real A-hole to fans. Like,…
I have a lot of shutdowns but nobody ever gets that I’m not being a jerk when stressed. I just happen to have Asperger’s.
I don’t claim to be an expert in this, so if anything is wrong please feel free to correct. Or add your comments below if you want, too. It’s always good to hear other people’s stories.
This is 100% accurate for me.
I would also explicitly add that “remove them from the area” does NOT mean “physically grab them without permission”. Or even “start ordering them around when they’re too overloaded to deal with that or maybe even understand what you’re saying”.
That is often a good way to get either a stronger shutdown response, or to trigger a full meltdown instead. The same goes for when someone is having a meltdown. Those responses are likely to go over at least as well as condescendingly telling them to chill.
Oh! Yikes, I forgot to specify that.
(Probably because I assumed it would be obvious, LOL)
There is one people who is allowed to physically grab or order me around when I’m in shutdown. If he does, then he can get me into a place that it safer for me. I suspect one other person would be able to, but I know she’s not the type of person who’d do so, she’s the type of person to test if I am and give information to people around us that I’m not okay and that stuff needs to change but not to physically move me if I am far enough gone that I need that.
If anyone else does so, I shutdown even more. It takes even longer to leave the shutdown. It’s more extreme. If I wasn’t catatonic, I go catatonic. Trying to make me leave a situation when I can’t only leads to me being even less capable of doing anything, and even less trusting of people in general. People doing this has actually caused some long term problems as well as short term problems. It’s actually even caused my dog to have issues with being protective, because really, there is a point at which you just don’t do that.
Another thing that wasn’t mentioned was do not guilt someone for being in a shutdown. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky with who I’ve been around, but apparently people have decided this is an appropriate response. If they guilt me about it, then clearly I’ll just get up and do what they want, right? Actually that’s another thing that will make me shutdown more, but will also make me start having self-hate. If this is done enough then this will cause people to have lower self esteem. I just can’t even understand this one…
I have seen nts dismiss shutdowns derisively. Most of them think it is an inappropriate response. We have an nt girl in my guide unit who withdraws into herself instead of outwardly tantruming and I have heard other adults make passing comments about her being “a shutdowner” and saying they won’t put up with it. Granted this is a neurotypical tantrum and deliberate but I don’t doubt most nts can’t tell the difference and treat them all the same.
If my parents are of the usual NT sort? Yes. They do. Lots of the time.
hey white female pop stars, if you could stop using asian women as props, that’d be super
Of course! I will tag it #possum and #opossum
Are you guys ready for Einstein?
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?